Frequently Asked Questions

    • How do I add my house to the residence check list?

Residence checks are available for any residence in Platte County. You can submit a request on this online form or contact our 24 hour non-emergency number.

    • Do I need a permit to purchase a weapon?

You do not need a permit to purchase a weapon. Please see your gun dealer for more information.

    • Can I get a Missouri State “Concealed Carry” permit in Platte County?

Yes, if you are a resident of Platte County, Missouri. Please see our Concealed Carry Information page for more information.

    • How do I find out if someone is in custody, send mail to an inmate, or find out visitation schedules?

Please see our Detention Division section of our website for that information.

    • How do I get an EX PARTE (restraining order)?

During normal business hours, the ex parte can be obtained by going directly to the Platte County Court House. An emergency ex parte can be filled out after hours or during holidays at the visitation window at the Platte County Sheriff’s Office.

    • Who do I contact about registering as an offender?

During normal business hours, you need to contact Jo Ann at (816)858-2424. If you are not sure whether or not you need to register, please see this part of our site.

    • How much does it cost to have papers served?

Please see our civil service fees page for this information.

    • Where can I buy/trade patches from your office?

The Platte County Sheriff’s Office does not sell or trade patches, however some of our employees do. Detective LeTorneau is one of our employees that do trade.

    • How can I contact an inmate at your facility?

We cannot pass messages or contact information to inmates of our facility. Any contact must be initiated by you, either through visiting the inmate at the scheduled visitation times, or by sending mail to the inmate. Please see this page for more information.