Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a message to an inmate in your facility?
Unfortunately, staff are not permitted to pass messages to inmates. However, you may set up an account through www.inmatecanteen.com and send the inmate a secure e-mail. You may also set up an account through www.icsolutions.com and leave a voice message on the phone system.
- How do I set up an account with the inmate phone system provider?
You may set up a phone account with CenturyLink Inmate Communications by calling 888-506-8407 or by visiting www.icsolutions.com.
- How do I get money on an inmate’s commissary or set up an account with the inmate commissary provider?
You may deposit money onto an inmate’s commissary account or set up an account with TurnKey Corrections by visiting www.inmatecanteen.com. You may also deposit money through a convenience kiosk in the lobby of the Detention Center.
- How do I know when visitation is for an inmate in your facility?
On the Detention Center webpage, there is a set of hyperlinks to assist the public. Click on the “Current In-Custody”. Find the inmate you wish to visit and click on the “Cell Block” to see the visitation schedule. It is helpful if you review the rules for visitation prior to the visit.
- How do I find out what the charge and bond amount is for an inmate in your facility?
On the Detention Center webpage, there is a set of hyperlinks to assist the public. Click on the “Current In-Custody”. Find the inmate you desire information on and click on the inmate’s name to see the charge and court information. Please note that court information is only updated after it is received from the court and verified. Also, other warrants may exist which have not yet been confirmed.
- Can employees recommend a bonding agent?
Unfortunately, it is not permissible for employees to recommend a bonding agent. On the Platte County Sheriff’s Office website, click on the button for the Detention Center. Immediately following the narrative is a set of hyperlinks to assist the public. Click on the “Qualified Bonding Agents” to see the current list of approved agents.
- Can I bring items to the facility to get to an inmate?
The Platte County Detention Center will not accept the delivery of any items from outside sources, with the following exceptions:
- Reasonable amount of legal material from attorneys and Probation/Parole.
- Low or non-tinted prescription eyewear/contacts.
- Prescription medication in original container.